Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Language Q&A: Probably Learning a New Language

Hello, everyone and welcome back to my page! After taking a few months off of blogging, I decided to post a language Q&A answering some of your most common questions. If you want to get to know me and learn more about my polyglot identity, then make sure to watch this video.

Below are the questions that I answered and the time frames in which I answer each question, so that you can skip over to a particular question if that's what you want to do; however, I highly encourage you to watch the entire video if you think that these questions are of interest to you.



  1. DEUTSCH: Wie geht’s? [1:19-1:44- Deutsch] [1:45-1:59 - English]
  2. ESPAÑOL: Como comienzas a aprender un nuevo idioma? Tienes algun recurso que nos recomiendas? [2:00-5:11- Español] [5:12-7:37- English]
  3. ENGLISH: Does learning one language make it harder to learn and/or remember another language? For example, Latin makes it easier to learn the Romance languages because of some similar vocabulary, but are there languages that have the opposite effect because of different vocabulary or rules? [7:38-12:22]
  4. ENGLISH: How do you effectively approach getting back into using a language you haven’t studied in a while? [12:23-15:51]
  5. ENGLISH: How do you keep all of the languages and different grammatical rules straight in your head? [15:52-18:14]
  6. ENGLISH: When you are abroad and you are focused on the language of the country that you are in, do you find it harder to remember the other languages that you do not have to use and are not your primary language(s)? [18:15-20:37]
  7. ENGLISH: Which language did you find most difficult to learn, and why? [20:38-22:01]
  8. ENGLISH: What are the language(s) you would like to learn next? [22:02-25:28]

Thank you so much for reading this post. I hope that you enjoyed reading it! Don't forget to follow me on all of my social media accounts to be notified every time I post on this language blog and to keep up with my language studies and travels abroad on my Instagram page and to see interesting content about foreign language learning, multilingualism, and anything I like in other languages on my Facebook page.

Facebook Page: @ Switching Languages 
Instagram Page: @Switching Languages

Link to LingoDeer Language App Review: https://switchinglanguages.blogspot.com/2019/02/


Los quiero mucho! // I love you all! 

- Laura 

No comments:

Post a Comment