Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Relax with Me: How to Use ASMR Videos for Language Learning

Hello, everyone and welcome back to my blog! In today's post, I want to talk about one of my favorite ways to incorporate languages into my daily routine. I don't know about you, but I have been under constant stress since high-school, as I have had to balance my work, school, and personal life more than ever before. I always had to worry about the next assignment, or deadline coming up, so I would feel tired and worn out without even noticing it. The list goes on and on. Unfortunately, the burden was much larger than I thought I could carry when it came to prioritizing certain decisions, or people in my life. That happened until May 31st, 2018. On that day, my life changed. I remember going on YouTube and seeing a suggested video pop up titled "ASMR Different Languages Whispering". I clicked on it and as soon as I saw it, I was intrigued.


The video that I watched on that day is attached to this post and now has over 2.5 million views since it was published. I have to admit that I had no idea what ASMR stood for, or what its purpose was until I started to watch Sharon's videos on a more regular basis. ASMR can best be defined as "a feeling of well-being combined with a tingling sensation in the scalp and down the back of the neck, as experienced by some people in response to a specific gentle stimulus, often a particular sound". Essentially, ASMR videos are meant to help relax you, or put you to sleep. These videos are made for any viewer, but I have found them to be especially helpful when I have been under a lot of anxiety, confusion, or stress.

I have been watching ASMR videos ever since I watched Sharon's video and have found that I have had healthier thoughts and sleeping patterns. I have watched ASMR videos in Spanish, English, French, German, Italian, Russian, and Portuguese, which has helped me not only improve my listening comprehension skills, but has also increased my vocabulary in those respective languages while putting me into a zen mood. I now know words like "whisper", "relax", and "massage" in 7 languages, which is amazing, ins't it? These videos have transformed my life in such a way that I can no longer imagine my life without them.

I invite you to watch Sharon's video found in this post if you're interested in getting tingles in multiple languages and to also look up other ASMR artists in the languages you're learning. As my parents would say, you can kill two birds with one stone when doing this. You can get in some language practice and do yourself a favor by taking some time to stop what you're doing, let your body breathe, and, most importantly, be free of any negative thoughts and vibrations.

Here are some of my top ASMR artists:


English: Madi ASMR

English + French:  ASMR Glow
French: Colomba ASMR
German: annawhispers ASMR

Italian: Chiara ASMR
Russian: HeyHelen ASMR 


Spanish:  Susurros para relajar ASMR

I hope that you found this post helpful. I wish you a nice and relaxing rest of your day! 

Until next time, 

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment